ID card or passport
- It is recommended to have a valid passport while travelling abroad, even if you travel inside Schengen zone, where only ID card is required.
- If you travel to countries outside EEA (European Economic Area), a valid period of your passport should be at least 3 months ahead, and in some cases (for instance in Kenia and Egypt), at least 6 months from arrival.
- Invalid or damaged passport in any circumstances can’t serve for crossing a border and in such cases, passenger won’t be allowed onboard of a plane without a right for recompense.
- Having adequate, valid identification document (passport or for EEA countries – an ID) is absolutely crucial while travelling abroad.
- Before journey get to know what are visa rules in a country you are heading to.
- Apart from rules in the destination country, check also conditions of transit in transfer countries. Some countries require transit visas from citizens of certain countries (in the US or Belarus).
Our consultants can give you basic information if a visa is required and of what type. It should be noted though, that eSky is not dealing with visa matters and is not giving detailed information on this issue.
Number of electronic ticket or boarding pass
Having number (code) of your booking or number of your e-ticket is advised in any case, as it can make check-in seamless in many situations. Lack of a number of booking or number of e-ticket can cause inability to match a name on the passengers’ list with a name in ID and as result a denial of entering the board of the plane.
Using airlines Ryanair, Wizz Air or EasyJet you can do online check-in via eSky. Specific instructions and hyperlink to check-in you receive in an e-mail with your e-ticket. Hyperlink gets you to check-in form – after filling in data, you get an e-mail with check-in confirmation and boarding pass attached. Print this paper and make sure to take it with you to the airport together with your ID, that was used for check-in.
Received via e-mail hotel voucher should be printed and taken with you as a confirmation for payment of hotel. Based on the displayed voucher you receive keys to your room.
After purchasing an insurance policy on eSky, you get it via e-mail. You should print it and have with you as confirmation of having insurance. If you don’t have insurance, check how to choose a proper one.
On some routes and in some circumstances passengers are required to have proper additional documents, whose displaying is the condition on the allowance to enter plane’s board. Such documents are, among others:
- Testimonial that pregnant woman can take a flight (usually required from 28th week, but it is worth to have it earlier)
- Certificate on vaccinations (if they are required in a destination or transfer countries)
- Order of allowing carrying child by airlines (if child travels without a guardian)
- Certificate from vet and passport for an animal (if we travel with one)
- Allowance to carry weapons (if we travel with hunting weapon)
Remember! If you’re planning a trip, make sure which travel documents will be necessary for that trip. The requirements may vary considerably, depending on the country of arrival and if your travel includes stopovers, the transit country. To be sure, what documents should you bring with yourself to your destination country, it is worth to check the continuously updated information published on the government's website: www.gov.uk.